A splendid and historical poster made by Jack Maxwell in 1948.
⛳️ The history of this legendary golf course begins in 1924: the company "Biarritz Anglet la Forêt" became the owner of 150 hectares of forests and dunes to install a golf course.
In 1927, the famous architect Tom Simpson put his pencils down facing the Atlantic Ocean for the pleasure of the Duke of Windsor, who was behind this playful project.
In the architect's contract, it was stipulated that Simpson was to create the most beautiful golf course in the world!
From 1928, the year of the first professional French Championships, to 1938, CHIBERTA became one of the high points of the sport and of the refined elegance of the Basque Coast.
The Club-House of Chiberta was the scene of events that brought together all the Gotha of the time.
In 1940, CHIBERTA was totally disrupted by the occupation, and it was in 1951 that Mr. Van DAELE took over the estate and began to renovate it.
In 1961, Mr. CHASSAGNY, charmed by the beauty of the site, assumed all the patronage operations linked to the social and sporting life of the club as well as to the work necessary to green up the course appreciated by all.
CHIBERTA is playable all year round on its sandy bed, even after episodic showers, which the Basque Coast has in store for us.
Ninety years after its creation, the Chiberta golf course still attracts as many players as ever and is still very popular.
Sport - Tourism - Anglet
B. Sirven Toulouse
Good condition, light spots
Sign up & benefit from discounts or exclusive offers.